- Fees for 2016-2017 are combined for $90 this year. They break down as follows:
- School Supplies will be collected in the Summer/Fall during the Back 2 School process. The fee is $40 per child for all grades. These funds are used to purchase school supplies in bulk, allowing our school to be more economical.
- A Field Trip/Classroom Enrichment fee has been added and will be collected in the Summer/Fall. The fee is $50 per child for all grades. This new fee covers all of your child’s school field trips for the year.
- Join the WM PTSA. The WM PTSA is made up of parents and staff. The purpose of the PTSA is to promote the health, welfare safety and education of our children. These goals are accomplished entirely by volunteers. Join and receive a copy of the WM Directory.
- Donate to the WM PTSA ASK Campaign, it’s tax deductible. Your Parent Packet will give you detailed information about where your PTSA dollars go.
- Purchase your 2016/2017 yearbook by clicking on this link.
- Like us on Facebook to keep up to date on what is happening at West Mercer!
Open Volunteer Positions at West Mercer
If you are willing to volunteer to help make the PTSA programs at West Mercer run, please take a look at our volunteer page! http://www.westmercerpta.org/volunteer/
Update Your Contact & Student Information
School Funding Meeting, The McCleary Ruling
September 22, noon @ Mercer Island Boys and Girls Club (PEAK) 4120 86th Ave SE / Mercer Island, WA 98040
Join us for a lunch discussion with Dean Mack, CFO for the Mercer Island School District, to discuss upcoming changes to school funding. With the expiration of our local levy and depending on how the legislature fulfills the McCleary ruling, the Mercer Island School District could lose significant funding. Get educated on how the decisions our elected officials in Olympia make will directly affect Mercer Island Students.Contact us for more information: email@example.com or http://www.miptacouncil.org/advocacy/
The online payment 2016 document –
Buying Lunches? This describes how to make payments in Skyward.
The Mercer Island School District now provides parents an easy way to add money to your child’s food service account. We have contracted with RevTrak, a national credit card payment processor, to provide a secure site for making online payments. Try these easy steps:
- Visit our district website http://www.misd.k12.wa.us
- Click on the “Parents & Families” tab and scroll down to Skyward Family Access
- Log in to Skyward Family Access (you will need your Login and Password)
- Use your MasterCard or VISA (Debit or Credit Card) – card number & expiration date required
- Payments made through Skyward Family Access will immediately be posted to the student’s food service account. Parents will be charged a small fee for the convenience of making an online payment.
2016-2017 Student Calendar –
This one page 2016-2017 Mercer Island School District Student Calendar will give you details on all the holidays, weather make up days, and important school dates in one easy place.
2016-2017 Free / Reduced-Priced Meals Application Form
This is the application to use for free or reduced lunch prices. Copies of this form are also available from Lynn in the school office.
Rights and Responsibilities 2016 Packet
Do you know your rights and responsibilities in attending a Mercer Island School? This packet gives annual notification to students and parents regarding their rights within the school district.
Equity and Civil Rights 2016-2017 Form
Do you know how to file a complaint with the school district if you needed to? This form is your annual notification of how to file a complaint with the district.